Saturday, February 2, 2013

Busy

 I sat across from Charlie in a dark and cozy restaurant booth last night celebrating with a glass of wine and a strong old fashioned the fact that we had made it through another week . We discussed my insane work and travel schedule for February and it dawned on me that if I look at my life based on the calendar of events that fill it, 2013 will be gone in an instant. The thought of it is depressing.
As the week went by, the weekend drew closer and my anticipation of those precious two days together grew, I started thinking of all the little things we had to do on Saturday. In my mind, the day was a complete loss before it had even arrived and I found myself feeling anxious and aggravated about it. Then it dawned on me that I control how this weekend goes. I can focus on all the things I need to get done and the minutes they are absorbing or I can absorb all those amazing moments that I would have missed if I let the "busy" overwhelm me.
 I turned the alarm off last night and slept in a little later than normal this morning. We lingered in bed and enjoyed our morning coffee. And I decided that the "busy" isn't going to get the best of me. I need the fuel that these beautiful moments of life provide to keep me going.

I hope you absorb all the amazing moments this weekend brings your way.
Thanks to this lovely lady for inspiring me to write this post. Her blog inspires me regularly. Check it out ~ I bet it inspires you too.


7 comments:

  1. lovely, lovely post. It is so important to remember that the push and pull of life sometimes needs to be shelved while we sleep in a little, linger over coffee and hold hands with our children, our spouses. While we hold hands with Life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bet if you take each moment in its present state, the year will go by exactly as it's supposed to :) enjoy the now! and the year will be perfect. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you took some time to relax! Your schedule makes me tired!!

    Have a wonderful Sunday. Maybe 60% productive and 40% relaxing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything was accomplished and it was a wonderful day. A really wonderful day actually.

      Enjoy your Sunday with those gorgeous babes!

      Delete
  4. Wow, snap. Hey, just discovered you thanks to the lovely Corinne at DazeofmyLife - glad I did. Can't wait to check out more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you stopped by! :)
      Love me that Corinne!

      Delete