Tuesday, February 5, 2013

P.S. ~ Personal Style: A Gray Moment

I'm having a real moment with the color gray.
It's the perfect neutral for me lately. It compliments everything: navy blue, reds and oranges, even rich kelly greens look amazing with gray.
 I'm especially loving it when mixed with a delicious shade of cognac.
Whether it be my weekend uniform of gray jeans and cognac boots, in home decor or a beautifully crafted handbag (I die Celine, I do...) it is a color combo that has been turning my head for months.

While the cognac and gray is rich and serious and sends a nod to tradition, thoughts of spring are creeping in and I already sense myself drifting towards a lighter shade of coral mixed with a stately gray.
We have a modest kitchen facelift happening here in about a month (more on that tomorrow!) and I have already selected Benjamin Moore's Chelsea Gray as the wall color.
How pretty are these little kitchen accessories with my wall color?



What color combos are you loving right now?

4 comments:

  1. I so love grays. I love the moody earthen clay grays that change with your moods and with the filtering sun light. I use BM as well. I have revere pewter in our living room contrasting with plum raisin (the perfect red). I have a deep green clay grey in the dining room that flows into the kitchen (tiny house -tiny open floor plan) I believe it is midnight desert. I also wear grey all the time as it does go with everything. LOVE this assembly of colors and pictures. Inspires my morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to provide some inspiration! I know how much a little eye candy can do for my day. Revere Pewter....I'm going to have to check that one out!

      Delete
  2. I have always loved the idea of a light grey/taupe for a wall color - I think it would contrast really well with white trim and some pops of lighter color. Classic yet modern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly.
      I will always be a classicist/traditionalist at heart!

      Delete