Wednesday, February 20, 2013

P.S. ~ Personal Style: Window Shopping

My job requires me to be in and out of malls and shopping centers for at least 8 hours a day.
As a result, it has mostly put me off from shopping and I walk out to my car empty handed on an almost daily basis.
Then one afternoon last week as I was on my way to lunch with a coworker I spotted a pair of boots in a store window. I kid you not, it was a clouds parting and angels singing kind of moment. I pointed them out to her and she whole heartedly agreed they were divine.
As we walked back after eating I ducked inside to try them on. Once they were on my feet, those angels sang in full chorus. And when the sales girl said "They are on sale", well, I swear the store was suddenly illuminated in heavenly light.
It was meant to be, and so it was.
orawen by aldo

Now that they are mine, I have this insatiable desire to hunt down oversized, drapey aztec print cardigans. I've been on the cusp of this obsession but now I want to fill my closet with a bevvy of them in different colors and shapes. I want to wear a uniform of aztec cardis, my new boots, a simple tshirt and skinny jeans every day. I own two already (see one here) but since it is all I can think about wearing lately, they are simply not enough.




What have your recent purchases made you crave?

No comments:

Post a Comment