Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snowy Saturday

Snowfall didn't begin until late last night and I was up before the sun this morning, quietly creeping from window to window around the house to see what Winter Storm Nemo had left for the Jersey Shore.
While nothing near what our neighbors to the north received, we definitely have a solid 6-8 inches of the powdery stuff.



I grabbed a cup of coffee and settled in to catch up on almost a week's worth of blog reading.
I soaked up the silence and solitude of those early morning hours. The only sound was the wind still howling outside and the soft hum of the laptop.

When the light finally broke through the darkness it was back to the windows to admire our winter wonderland.

There's nothing better than knowing we have no where to go and nothing pressing to do.
I'm about to unplug for the rest of the day and head outside to join Charlie in shoveling us out (hopefully he's mostly finished!) and to play with the Little Miss.

Later on I'm hoping to bake this cake, hunker down and read the new book I picked up last week, and finish the day off with some homemade lasagna. Even the fussy eater around here loves it.
I also signed the new blog up over at Bloglovin so you can follow me there.

Today is also the birthday of this very special lady:
Who I am very lucky to have not only as a sister, but also as my friend.
Happy Birthday Meg!

What are you up to this Saturday?
And if you're in the Northeast - stay safe and warm!


2 comments:

  1. We had a quiet Saturday - a Lebanese seafood lunch and then a play at the beach. Back into today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds perfect! A Lebanese seafood lunch? I need to know more about that!

      Delete