Friday, February 1, 2013

The Best Of: January

I like January.
I like the emptiness and uncluttered feeling the house has after Christmas has been tucked away for another year.
The short days, long nights and freezing temperatures are nature's way of giving you permission to stay indoors and unwind from the hectic month that December usually is.
It's a month where curling up under cozy blankets, snuggling and watching movies should become de rigueur.

This January provided those snuggles and some incredibly lazy weekends as well. It was also pretty monumental for me because after months of hemming and hawing over it, I finally made the decision to walk away from my old blog after almost 4 years of writing it and start fresh with a whole new identity amongst the interwebs.
I also decided the time had come to open a new online venture and asked my sister in law to join me. It has been very exhilirating to say the least!

But the best parts of January?
Well, that had to be:


....getting a few beautiful snowstorms....

...listening to my best girl tell me all about her day while I cook dinner each night....

...trying a new recipe that is beyond amazing...

....making sunday morning bagel runs...and catching them right as they are hot and fresh out of the oven...

...having a few 60 degree days and taking the opportunity to walk with Charlie through a nearby seaside hamlet...

... having a true "girl's night" while the boys were both out. I made her favorite dinner, we baked brownies and watched a movie.

What were the best parts of your January?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Eleanor,

    It's such a brave decision to start a new blog and leave your old one behind. January sounds like a happy month. Lovely photo's of you and your daughter!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madelief,
      Thank you! Life is happy as long as we always remember it.

      Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Love the celebrations of the special moments of January! Very inspiring and very sweet! I went to Yosemite last week so it was definitely one of my best moments of the month. I had never been and it was very, very, very moving. I wrote about it here: http://pomegranateandseeds.blogspot.com/2013/01/yosemite-legacy-of-our-mothers-of-our.html

    Also My BFF got into town this week so it has been lovely to celebrate the end of January and the beginning of February with her. Glad I found this sweet blog! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca,
      I got to spend time in Yosemite as a teenager and it was one of the most breathtaking places I have ever been. I can't wait to read your post about it!
      Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this time with your friend!

      Delete
  3. These are in fact wonderful ideas in about blogging. You have touched some nice points here.

    Any way keep up wrinting.

    Also visit my site: real money online roulette

    ReplyDelete