Friday, February 8, 2013

Working for the Weekend






I left early Tuesday morning for a few days of meetings in a sleepy little town in Northwestern NJ.
The town is chock full of amazing restaurants and bistros and I definitely ate my way through the past few days.
Hanger steak on Farro Risotto with sauteed kale at Urban Table was quite possibly the best thing to hit my taste buds in the past 6 months.
The second night we went to Roots Steakhouse where I devoured a Petite Filet Mignon and indulged in some whipped potatoes and grilled asparagus. It was divine.

There's a part of me that loves rolling my luggage out the door and heading out on these adventures. I enjoy my job. Then there's the Mama in me whose heart is heavy while she's packing and is silently counting down the hours until she can get home to her family. I'm a little Jekyl and Hyde when it comes to being a working mom.
I arrived home last night to a sweet "welcome home" note from my daughter, and a warm cozy evening with the ones I love most.
I'm grateful it's Friday, thankful that I'm working somewhat locally today, and looking forward to those two precious days we get to have together.

What are you looking forward to this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. It is always hard to have your heart in two places at once. The HERE of working and enjoying your job (something a part from the "mommy") and then there is the NOW of it all, that your littles at home are waiting and wanting you. I think there is always this push and pull in the life of the mom. Glad you are home this weekend. stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The push and pull will always be there. I agree. I like how you phrased that.

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Have a good weekend Eleanor....love your new blog and I will be following your kitchen makeover with great interest. I have been trying to persuade my hubs to get our oak cabinets painted for the last two years!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully my example can be what wins him over!

      enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  3. It looks to me like you're making the most of both worlds. Enjoy your weekend. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying. Sometimes it's easier and sometimes not so much.
      I'll be playing in the snow while you play in the desert this weekend.
      Opposites much?

      xoxo

      Delete