Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Best Of: February

February
You're short, sweet and make your point that winter isn't done with us yet.
You started out amazing, continued your momentum then ended your time with us by reminding me how fragile we all are.
While I look forward to March ushering in Spring and the rejuvenation I always feel as the days get longer and inevitably warmer, I can't help but look back and reminisce about those few short weeks that make up the second month of the year.

we enjoyed a few more pretty snowstorms...

...started a new family tradition of going out to dinner with my dad and brother at least once a month. we are one fun party of 10....

...played games with my best girl...

...and baked together....

...then enjoyed the fruits of our labor...

...spent a lot of time in the kitchen and churned out a bevvy of italian meals...



...spent a lazy saturday morning spent going through momentos my paternal grandfather left behind...they are truly treasures to me...

...ended the month with a week in one of my favorite cities.
new york, you make days filled with 9 hour meetings a little less painful.

What were the best parts of your February?

9 comments:

  1. such a wonderful compilation! love this. February flew by so quickly I am not sure what was my favorite part. Perhaps my favorite part is february ending so march can begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I agree - I'm ready for March!

      Delete
  2. February sounds good Eleanor! What a great ending of the month. Hope to visit NY myself one day!

    Happy weekend,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYC is a must do - there is no where quite like it!
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, all day meetings are tough - but it looks like you had some nom-tastic home-made Italian meals to compensate. And snow ... I saw my first flurries of the winter so far today - I kind of miss a good snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost nodded out in the middle of day 2! Was battling my eyes to stay open!
      We have had quite a lot of snow this year, just nothing knee deep and paralyzing. Now I am ready for warmer temps, blue skies and birds chirping!

      Delete
  4. What a fab Feb! It has been a weird month for me, have been here and there and not sure where in my head. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you Lovely.
      I really need to sit down and write you, but time just keeps escaping me. Glad you're back to blogging though. :)

      Delete
  5. Looks fantastic! This blog is really very nice.
    Kitchen designs

    ReplyDelete