Monday, April 8, 2013

The Weekend

apparently, this is a small size cone!

i adore the light in my living room at the end of the day


my husband's childhood home ~ the first home we owned together

apple pie? yes please!

I tried not to think about how this was my last weekend home before going back to work and just enjoy the final 48 hours of freedom. Saturday we browsed through a few antique stores and thrift shops and stopped for our first ice cream cones of the season. I had a chance to curl up with a new book, a glass of wine and soak up the last rays of sunlight in the day.
Sunday I got to spend some alone time with my eldest and discussed his future, took a much needed walk with the dogs, drove through our old town and past our first home as a family and finished the day off with dinner and pie at my dad's.
Uncomplicated and restful.
I wouldn't have it any other way.

What did you do this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love your magnolias! It's funny reading this post as we're already halfway through the week.
    We had a quiet weekend - swimming, shopping, eating, relaxing. Pretty good really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgoodness..that sprinkled mess of an icecream cone looks amazing.
    I should probably eat breakfast first, lol.
    Hope you are well.

    I think Podium is opening back up in the coming weeks..would should meet up, shop and maybe revisit Crabs Claw for lunch!
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely game for that!
      It's been way too long!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos Eleanor:) Hope you are having a good week!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne!
      I hope your week is going well too!

      Delete