Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

fiesta

salsa fresca and black bean & corn dip

my version of a margarita ~ frozen limeade and rum slushies

ole!

a specially curated mustache for the occasion

chicken pineapple tacos

Saturday night we threw our annual Cinco de Mayo bash.
I look forward to it all year long ~ it's truly one of my favorite days to party. From planning my menu to adding festive touches around the house, the whole process is filled with anticipation of kicking back with dear ones and eating our body weight in tacos and chips.

This year's menu looked like this:
Black bean & corn dip
Salsa Fresca
homemade Queso
Grilled Chicken & Pineapple tacos
Beef tacos
and Mexican Hot Dogs

Mexican Hot Dogs?
I made them a few years ago after finding a recipe online. They are derived from Mexican street food and have been wildly popular each time I've served them. Essentially, it's a hot dog wrapped in bacon, pan fried, then topped with pinto beans, cheese, salsa, mustard, mayo and ketchup and any other thing the heart desires. If it sounds like a heart attack in a bun that's probably because it is. The menfolk love them and even the women partook. We had a blast.
Is there anything more fun than good food and even better friends?
I thought not.

I hope your weekend was full of love and laughter.



3 comments:

  1. Going to try this recipe I love the table setting and the hat on the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day and I see lots of yummy food:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete