Friday, May 24, 2013

'Merica



This morning I attended a Memorial Day concert at my daughter's school. We said the Pledge of Allegiance and sang the National Anthem both of which I haven't sang/said in a very long time. As I stood there facing the flag, saying those words, I thought about our forefathers and their intentions for this great land of ours. It made me proud to think of how powerful and moving the words are behind the Pledge of Allegiance and our National Anthem and sad when I think of how deluded they have become.
I'll spare you all my thoughts on that because what I really felt compelled to write was this:
I love you America.
I love everything you've stood for these past few hundred years and am grateful to the visionaries that made this a place my ancestors wanted to come to. I'm grateful to the men and women who risk their lives everyday to keep our nation what it is.
We're far from perfect and Lord knows we have our issues, but at the end of the day, I'm happy to call this place my home.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a fantastic weekend:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!

    I love our country, warts and all. It is a blessing to live here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll add another 'AMEN'! United we stand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The public school the kids go to say it every morning and the words still resonate beautifully.

    ReplyDelete