Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Setting the Summer Table


We entertain all year long, but when summer comes around ~ boy, do we love to have people over! It's rarely fine china dining, I love serving a seafood feast and using that morning's newspaper as my table covering. There's nothing better than making homemade burgers and handcut fries and serving them in small plastic baskets with wax paper liners. Summer entertaining should be easy breezy with minimal fuss.
While I strive to keep it simple, I do love to add a little touch of nautical to my summer table like my starfish napkin rings and woven placemats. But I said little touch. I love me some nautical; just leave out the overly "kitsch" and "over the top".
When I spotted these mini wooden buoys at my garden center this weekend I knew they would make perfect napkin rings. At under $2 a piece I couldn't resist.


With gorgeous chambray napkins or even a set of pretty stripe dishtowels that can do double duty, I forsee these guys getting a lot of use in the next three months.

How do you set your summer table?

2 comments:

  1. You blue plates are so so pretty and those nautical nods are adorable. We have recycled glass plates in all sorts of coloura and stacked on top of each other they look like sea pebbles. (They are very scrapey and noisy though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find for your dinner table Eleanor! Our summer table is all white or blue/white at home and floral in the garden :-)

    Happy day!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete