Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Long Weekend



afternoon reading
this boot is amazing ~ I need to write a post about it

an ice cream truck showed up unexpectedly at the end of our driveway ~ a very welcome surprise!

so we had ice cream for dinner. no big deal. and no mom of the year awards for me I suppose

outdoor dining at a local place where Charlie and I had one of our first dates over 13 years ago

New Jersey pizza. I dare you to find something more superior.

Simple Suppers
grilled halibut, lemon herb orzo and salad

Bike riding.
Tons of it.


French toast and all the fixin's

Forts were made during afternoon thunderstorms

Warm spinach, bacon and pecan salad with grilled tenderloin and mash



I'm in full support of 5 day weekends and 2 day work weeks.
Who's with me?

This past weekend was beyond amazing. It was exactly what my weary mind needed.
I am constantly reminded that if we keep our eyes open we see and experience the most beautiful things every day and everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely weekend and the food looks amazing. I'm all for a 5 day weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of that book. I'll have to look it up right away!

    ReplyDelete