Monday, October 7, 2013

The Weekend


Johnson's Corner Farm

sliding


 We like Fuji's best.

My girl.





Love that family of 3 in the back of that wagon. We are blessed to have people like the Sorensen's in our life.

Biking home some yard sale treasures

Chef and Sous Chef

Nigel Slater's Coq Au Riesling. Delish.


I should be packing right now for a quick work trip I leave for tomorrow morning but instead I am sitting here basking in the afterglow of another glorious weekend.
Saturday my best girl and I went apple picking with three of the greatest friends we have ever been blessed to have. After a few hours of farming we all went out for a delicious lunch and some antique store shopping. My kind of afternoon! 
Sunday had some mandatory housework on it's To-Do list (why is laundry neverending?) but my girl and I still found the time to take a 5 mile bike ride through some local neighborhoods. She discovered the magic of the yard sale and the thrill of the hunt was enough to keep her tired little legs pedaling for much longer than they normally would have.
We winded it down with Charlie and I in the kitchen together working on a proper Sunday dinner.
Coq au Riesling anyone?
The only upside to this week is that it will be so crazy for me with work obligations that in the wink of an eye it will be Friday night and we will be excitedly making plans for another weekend together.

What did you do this past weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful weekend! We had a quiet one, but a new weekend has just started for us plus a whole week off! It will begin with brunch today, then a trip to the movies with my gals and the a road trip to Muscat. Can't wait! xx

    ReplyDelete