Friday, November 1, 2013

Life Lately











Life is busy and even a little crazy, but it's still oh, so good.
Last time I wrote we were on our way up to the Hudson River Valley of New York to go apple picking. We spent a beautiful morning in an orchard with the most breathtaking panoramic views. I just couldn't get enough. We picked almost a full bushel of apples and even tomatoes and peppers.
After that, it seemed like every free moment I had was spent in the kitchen putting up more fruit and veg for the winter. Apple slices preserved in syrup, apple pie in a jar (an incredible dessert filling or topping) and then I turned the bounty of tomatoes from our garden and the ones we picked into jars and jars of salsa.
The weekends in between I spend running from thrift store to thrift store endlessly in search of the next great treasure. Last weekend I came upon a fabulous French mustard crock. A few days later, a quick pop into a thrift store with evening hours turned up another one. I think I'm becoming obsessed and much to my husband's chagrin, they are not going into the shop!
Then in what seemed faster than the blink of an eye, it was Halloween and October was coming to an end. My best girl is obsessed with Japanese anime so she was Kiki  - an adorable witch with a big red bow in her hair and matching red ballerina flats. We trick or treated until her feet hurt too much to keep going so we headed home and sorted through her bounty. There is enough candy in this house to feed a small army.
Now it's November and it hardly seems possible. Every weekend sans one is completely booked with activities, starting tomorrow when we make a much needed trip to Newport, Rhode Island. There will be mansions to see, wine to taste and a quick dose of R&R. It's my consolation prize for the mile marker birthday I have coming in less than two weeks. That hardly seems possible either, but that in itself is a whole other story!

What has your life been filled with lately?

3 comments:

  1. Your daughter looks lovely:) Have a great weekend!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your trip tomorrow! Beautiful photo of your daughter!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful images! And look at Ryan! Do grown up!!
    Sounds like a pretty bloody good weekend. Xx

    ReplyDelete