Sunday, February 2, 2014

Mornings Like These



There is nothing like the weekend mornings. The rush and chaos of getting everyone out the door to school and work is replaced with a much welcomed slowness ~ from the time we rise until we turn in, we can breathe a bit differently than we do during those hectic weekdays.
Saturday morning I was up long before the sun and decided to make a loaf of pumpkin bread to have for breakfast. Last weekend I posted a picture of a slice I made from a copycat recipe online  of Starbucks pumpkin bread. Someone on Instagram requested that I share it. So here you go:
note: I did not sift the dry ingredients but I would recommend you do, because my cake was not as light as I would have liked. So much for laziness. Also, I use applesauce in place of the vegetable oil for health reasons. I also find it adds moisture to my baked goods and does not forsake flavor. I used an entire single serve cup in place of the 1/2 cup of oil. We did not have cardamom so I omitted.

Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Bread

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift together dry ingredients
Mix eggs, oil, and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients and stir out the lumps. Do not overmix!
Bake until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean (about an hour).



No comments:

Post a Comment