Friday, April 4, 2014

South of the Mason-Dixon









Last Saturday morning I jumped in the car and headed south of the Mason-Dixon line for the weekend. My heart longs for the South these days and a quick trip to Virginia helped the ache just a little.
It was a wonderful time with my niece, nephew, mama and sister. Even at the ripe old age of 40 there is comfort in knowing your mama is sleeping right next to you.
Sunday we celebrated my beautiful cousin and her baby to be. I will never turn down the chance to be with the world's greatest aunt - I love that lady like there's no tomorrow. 
Time flew by so fast and before I knew it I was back in the car heading home where my children looked more grown up than ever. Funny how that happens....
Luckily I get to do this again in a couple short weeks but I find myself wishing I was heading back tomorrow....

3 comments:

  1. Nothing like a short break away with those you love to soothe the soul. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing family always makes me feel nostalgic - looks like you had a great mini break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Road trips to see family are the best!

    ReplyDelete