Saturday, June 14, 2014

Chairs, Chairs, Chairs








My love of vintage and antique runs deep. From my early childhood days riding my bike to neighborhood yard sales to my current days as a wife and mother, vintage is a way of life. My life. It's everywhere in our home. In fact, it's a running joke in our family that I have a slight problem collecting chairs. Each time I head out thrifting or to a flea market my husband will say, "No more chairs!" Probably because he knows I look at chairs the same way I view accessories I wear. As statement pieces. They are smaller and easier to incorporate into the home and add character. Who doesn't crave a touch of character in their rooms? It's what makes your space your own. Plus, you can usually find something really special on the cheap. You just have to keep your eyes open and the trunk of your car empty.
One King's Lane just added this Complete Guide to Modern Chairs on their website. It's a great resource to help you identify some of the amazing pieces that are out there just waiting to be discovered.

You remember how excited I was a few months ago when I found this amazing green leather wing back chair at my local ReStore? Well, the leg has been repaired (fingers crossed it holds up!) and these photos show you how perfectly it fits into our home office and provides a quiet little reading nook I can escape to.

2 comments:

  1. I love antiques too! Your taste is impeccable, by the way.

    ReplyDelete