Saturday, September 6, 2014

Hostess Gifts

Fresh Jersey peaches, a peach sangria mix and the bottle of wine required to assemble it

Homemade bruschetta made with tomatoes from our garden will be perfect when paired with a delicious baguette


image via
Staying at someone's home for a long weekend? These wooden boards from Pottery Barn are perfect for a host who loves cheese and crackers

I love to give gifts so naturally I enjoy bringing little something for the host/hostess when we are invited over. And while I am sure the proverbial bottle of wine is always welcome, I try to think outside the box, shake it up a little bit and bring something I know my friend/relative will love.
For a weekend away at my brother's in Upstate NY this summer I brought fresh Jersey peaches, a peach sangria mix and the bottle of wine required to assemble it. Displayed in a simple thrift store basket added charm and kept it affordable. I know my aunt and uncle love cheese and crackers as much as we do so when I stayed with them for a long weekend back in the spring I brought them one of Pottery Barn's small wooden boards. I tied a pretty ribbon around the handle and let it speak for itself.
Going to dinner should be small, simple but thoughtful. In fact, I'm planning on bringing homemade jars of bruschetta and a delicious baguette to any dinner parties we attend this fall. Here's hoping our calendar fills up quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment