Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Apple Orchard









"Dear old world', she murmured, 'you are very lovely, and I am glad to be alive in you."
~L.M. Montgomery

It was cold and crisp outside, the kind of morning where your heaviest knit sweater doesn't cut it and you still need a jacket. The trees were as heavy laden as our layers; the slightest touch sent a bevvy of apples tumbling to the ground. We wound our way up every lane pulling a charming, rusted red wagon we selected because it was named "Mom~Mom" like my mother in law.
As we wandered,  I dreamt of  apple pie and endless jars of applesauce, my Ball preserving book had stoked my imagination before we had even left the house. By the time we arrived at the weigh station and our bounty measured up to 33 pounds I was already scrolling through the calendar in my head trying to plan my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment