Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pinspiration


I've been "pinning" long before there was a website dedicates to storing beautiful and inspiring images. I have over a dozen binders chock full of ideas, photos, recipes, design etc. etc. that I have lovingly torn from magazines and books since the early 90's. I keep a 4ft section over my desk filled with a collage of the things that I am drawn to and that are inspiring my creativity each season. I need to see the pretty without logging into an app and staring at a screen.
While I have become paperless in so many aspects of my life, I will always need to have the tangible pretty close at hand.
My apologies to the trees.

Does Pinterest satisfy your creative needs or do you still need to flip pages to be completely inspired?

4 comments:

  1. I'm a hugely tactile person, so I still need a tangible inspiration board or notebook. Pinterest has made things easier, just not as pretty.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest has indeed made collecting inspiration easier - I totally agree.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. My mom and sister do this too. We call them "the Archives" and it's fun to lose an afternoon sifting through them. So different from mindless scrolling on a screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that 99.9% of the things I have saved in all those binders I still love. It feeds my creativity so much more than all that mindless scrolling too.

      Delete