Monday, July 13, 2015

A Quick & Easy Summer Hostess Gift




As I was leafing through a magazine a week or two ago I saw a feature about berry bowls and colanders and this adorable little white ceramic one caught my attention immediately. Usually these product features are chock full of high end, high price pieces so you can imagine my surprise to see that it was from Target! And under $20! And dishwasher safe!
Win ~ Win ~ Win!
Naturally I ran right to Target and snatched one up. Pretty enough to stay on the counter top and perfect for storing fresh fruit since it affords plenty of air circulation, I initially intended to be selfish and keep it for myself. Then I remembered that we were going away this past weekend to visit my brother and sister in law at their gorgeous farmhouse in the Hudson River Valley of New York.
Since it is blueberry season right now in NJ, it only made sense to fill the colander with fresh, Jersey blueberries. Blueberries are one of the best parts of summer! Then I made a simple little tag with a fun play on words because I simply could not resist.
I like to bring a hostess gift, especially when the hostess truly goes out of her way to make your stay fun and comfortable. My sister in law Stacey goes above and beyond always ensuring we have a wonderful time.
I really like this idea. Not only is it practical and sweet, at under $20 for the entire gift it is affordable and a great way to highlight fresh, seasonal produce. You can be sure I will be picking one up for myself on my next trip to Target. How could I not?

See last year's hostess gift ideas here.

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet yet practical gift. So thoughtful of you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! And those blueberries look pretty amazing. I am so bummed we missed blueberry season here this year. We usually pick gallons and gallons to freeze and use all year long in breakfast smoothies. We're still using some frozen blueberries from last summer! That berry colander is a great gift idea, especially with the berries.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete