Thursday, September 17, 2015

Dreams Really Do Come True


They do.
They really, really do.

After spending the past couple of years pining for a place I frankly didn't know a ton about and then talking about it and sharing our dreams with you guys here, here, here and here. Oh yes, and here  too! The opportunity for us to make our dreams a reality has arrived. In a crazy twist of fate, (but not really because everything happens for a reason) I was offered the opportunity to relocate with my job to the state I have long been dreaming about:
Tennessee!
We will be moving to the Nashville area. We had never been that far west and always assumed our journey would lead us to the eastern part of the state (mainly the Knoxville area). But God had another plan (and as usual, his is always better) and so we took a quick trip out there to ensure that this would be right for our family.  To say that Nashville exceeded our expectations might be the understatement of the year. It was better than we could have imagined and while Nashville wasn't in our immediate thoughts, it just makes darn good sense that it would be where we settle.
Now our pretty, little red house that I once thought would be our forever home is on the market and I am leaving the first weekend in October to start working out there. My husband and daughter are  staying here until the house sells, my son has an interview this Friday for a job transfer out there himself (fingers crossed!) and if he gets it he will come with me so he can begin working too. It's going to be a little nutty having our family split in half and living halfway across the country from each other, but since we are not sure of exactly where we want to live, I view it as a blessing. I will be able to really explore and head up the house hunt without needing to feel desperate or pressured into buying something. And because we are not getting any younger, we would like this new house to be our forever home. If we end up needing to rent while we figure it all out, so be it. In the end we will be in the right place. Of that I am sure.
So I am now shamelessly accepting all prayers and good vibes for a quick sale of our house so that we don't have to spend too much time apart. I also found an unbelievably gorgeous remodeled farmhouse on over 5 acres that we have fallen in love with. Unfortunately, it's under contract. So if you want to slide a prayer or two in there that it falls through, I would be grateful! As a thank you I will share this stunning home with you all tomorrow. :)

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in the common hours."
~Henry David Thoreau




3 comments:

  1. You've got my thoughts and best wishes coming your way. Hopefully your market is as good as ours is here. Things are flying off the market. A house I looked at in 2011 for $309k sold last month for $420! Congratations! This is so exciting! I've never been to Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! That is really exciting. I have been reading your blog since the beginning and know how much you loved TN.

    Congrats! I cannot wait to read about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You fully match our expectation and the selection of our data. bed bug bites

    ReplyDelete